Canadian Millennials vs. Boomers & COVID-19 Habits
The Great Divide | One Country, Multiple Cohorts
At Caddle, we’ve been collecting consumer insights on Canadian grocery retailers since the pandemic began. Why? To help brands and agencies understand COVID-19 & the Canadian Consumer. As a result, we’ve turned those insights into a short report as we head into the busiest retail season of the year!
COVID-19: 5 Tips for Canadian Grocery Retailers in Q4 & the New Year
1. Don’t rely on old data
2. Don’t assume non-Canadian data is a “good enough” indicator of Canadian shopping preferences
3. Do talk to your audience throughout the purchase cycle
4. Do measure how you stack up against your competitors
5. Do invest in improving your omnichannel customer experience
So, the ongoing effects of COVID-19 on the Canadian retail sector is in for more tumultuous times – in December and most likely into 2021. As a result, brands need relevant and recent consumer data from a reputable source—and plan your holiday ramp-up accordingly.
So, What’s Inside?
- COVID-19 | The pandemic has brought Canadians together but has also driven them apart
- Retail is Failing | What consumers want vs. what they’re getting
- Millennials vs. Baby Boomers | How generations differ in grocery shopping habits & what that means for brands and retailers
- and more!