Friends Reboot: Will the anticipated reboot arrive?
Are you a fan of the television hit series ‘Friends ’?
What if the cast got together for a reboot – would you watch it?
The hit show that we came to know and love during the late ’90s and early 2000s was a show that broke television records. With an average rating of 23 million views per episode, the Friends cast began earning close to $1,000,000 per episode in their final three seasons.
Given these astonishing statistics, a recent study gathered some insights to provide additional staggering results to determine the interest in a Friends reboot.
With the ability to binge-watch our favourite television shows, the team at Caddle conducted a survey with nearly 10,000 responses to determine the interest in watching a Friends reboot, and which platform they’d prefer to watch it on.
Here’s what we learned:
- 62% of respondents are interested in watching a Friends reboot
- 57% showed a preferred interest in watching the reboot on a streaming service (e.g., Netflix)
- 20% felt that the reboot would be almost as good as the original
- 43% felt that the reboot would be just as good as the original. This segment of respondents is over-indexed.
- Millennial viewers showed the highest interest in a Friends reboot
- 57% of Millennials showed an interest in a Friends reboot
- 52% of Gez Z respondents showed an interest in a Friends reboot
- 49% of Gen X respondents showed an interest in a friends reboot
- 42% of Baby Boomers showed an interest in a Friends reboot
Viewers have been demanding a Friends reboot for years but haven’t seen any success in getting one. While this may not encourage a reboot, this provides insight into the potential profitability the series could have in the industry if a reboot was decided.
Would you be interested in a Friends reboot? Would you like to learn more from this report? Let us know your thoughts or request a report download in this form!